Increase profits and yields with stronger yet lighter agricultural equipment that stands up to harsh conditions, season after season. When you choose Strenx® performance steel for your equipment, you can boost efficiency, refuel less often and harvest more crops per acre in less time.
Learn more about Strenx® – https://bit.ly/39FCR3j
Strenx® performance steel in agriculture
- Get equipment that is stronger yet lighter, with extended boom reach and working width at lower mass
- More productive and safe operation, with fewer passes and better fuel economy
- Strong for withstanding the harsh agriculture environment
- Durable for less maintenance and longer service life
- Over the past 20 years, agriculture has been facing many challenges and changes. The average farm size has increased, and farming activities are more intensive. Therefore, it is not surprising that the equipment in these operations has also grown in size and weight. Unfortunately, these mega machines can cause soil compaction and long-term harvest reductions.
Sustainable farming is using high-strength steels to provide lighter, stronger, and more efficient solutions. SSAB’s special steels can help make your machinery up to 30–50% lighter without compromising durability. Become part of the new generation in farming with high-performing, durable and lighter equipment.
Reap the rewards of agriculture equipment with high load capacity and low weight. Stronger and highter products have a direct and positive impact on time, workload and the financial result. Low equipment weight also minimizes soil compacting on crop fields.
The total length of a sprayer boom can be well over 40 meters. This puts extreme demands on the weight and rigidity of the equipment to keep the boom stable while maintaining the constant distance from the ground.
Harvesters are tending to become more comprehensive and wider to be more cost-effective and cover more acres per hour. This can be achieved by using high-strength steel in all the structural parts.
Plowing and cultivating in hard soil puts a heavy strain on farming equipment. The high strength of Strenx® performance steel makes plows and cultivators work more effectively.
With its high strength-to-weight ratio, Strenx® can help your telehandlers handle nearly anything. Extend reach and boost lifting capacity while maintaining the strength, stability, and safety of the vehicle.
The high-strength structural steel at 650-700 MPa
Strenx® 700 is a structural steel with a minimum yield strength of 650-700 MPa depending on thickness.
Strenx® 700 E/F meets the requirements of EN 10 025-6 for the S690 grade and thicknesses. Typical applications include demanding load-bearing structures.
Strenx® 700 E (complies with S690QL) is available in plate thicknesses of 4–160 mm, while Strenx® 700 F (complies with S690QL1) is available in plate thicknesses of 4–130 mm.
- Superior bendability and surface quality
- Weldability with excellent HAZ strength and toughness
- Exceptional consistency within a plate guaranteed by close tolerances
- High impact toughness which provides for good resistance to fractures